Transmission Client is not connected error

Hi,
I am trying to implement MQTT connection with Ignition , I had followed the below link
(Managing files with MQTT Transmission and MQTT Engine - MQTT Modules for Ignition 8.x - Confluence)

However I am getting an error as Transmission Client is Not Connected with status code as 405.

MQTT and Ignition are on same machine and with MQTT broker I am able to have a connection.

Any leads will be helpful.

Thanks

1 Like

I would recommend starting with this tutorial: Getting Started: Two Ignition Architecture - MQTT Modules for Ignition 8.x - Confluence

It covers the basics on establishing a connection and sending tag data. It also shows how the Transmitter and tag tree should be created which is a prerequisite to sending file data.

This may also be useful: MQTT Transmission Transmitters and Tag Trees - MQTT Modules for Ignition 8.x - Confluence

By mistake I had deleted Edge Node folder from Ignition Tag browser.
I am trying to create the folder, but its not getting created.

See this doc from Inductive Automation: Creating Tags - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation. Note you can not create tags or folders manually in the MQTT Engine tag provider as it is a ‘managed tag provider’. Tags and folders can only be created there by the MQTT Engine module itself based on incoming Sparkplug data.