Sparkplug 3.0 in Ignition

Started down this road over on the Ignition Forums but was curious if anyone here had any insight into whether or not the Ignition Modules were planned to be upgraded for Sparkplug 3.0 anytime soon?

Specifically, I’m personally interested in support for String and DateTime Arrays for easier bridging of OPC UA to MQTT but full Sp3 compliancy would be a big plus.

Thanks!

MQTT Modules have been Sparkplug v3.0.0 compliant since the v4.0.14 module release
Sparkplug v3.0.0 Compliance - MQTT Modules for Ignition 8.x - Confluence and String and DateTime Arrays have been supported from our v4.0.13 release Ignition Datatypes Supported via MQTT - MQTT Modules for Ignition 8.x - Confluence

Thanks!

That’s great to hear! I’m a little confused then as to the issue I’m having.

I am using Transmission 4.0.16 (b2023041422) on one server to transmit the data and on another server am using Engine 4.0.14 (b2022121422). If I don’t filter out String and DateTime Arrays the DDATA doesn’t come through the engine into the tag brower. I do see Node Info/Control populate but no DDATA. As soon as I remove all String/DateTime Arrays, the DDATA appears through the engine.

Any thoughts on why this may be? I can try updating the revs if that would help.

Hi Steve,

We would recommend updating to the latest version 4.0.18.
If you continue to have problems, please download the Ignition logs and open a ticket with support at support@cirrus-link.com for investigation.

Thanks